My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.brisbanedevoured.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Brisbane Devoured: Era Cafe

April 04, 2011

Era Cafe

Era Bistro on Urbanspoon
www.erabistro.com.au

We held our engagement party at Era Bistro almost a year ago now. Since then we’ve been back for a uni function of L’s but have actually yet to eat there in either the bistro or the cafe. (Note that this review is for Era Cafe, not Era Bistro).

Today we rectified that, as we were in the area to visit the 21st Century Art Exhibition at GOMA (go and see it, it is awesome!), I googled Era and saw that the cafe does all day breakfasts on weekends. 

We walked in and seated ourselves indoors. There are large windows that were thrown open but it was a bit of a gusty day so the wind was blowing all the way through the cafe, making it a bit chilly. I hoped they would shut them, but alas they didn’t which unfortunately meant our food and drinks cooled themselves fast!

L ordered the Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon ($17.50) and a tomato juice, whilst I ordered grilled haloumi, poached eggs, rocket and parmesan salad ($14.50) with a side of bacon ($4). I was tossing up between this or the pork, fennel and garlic sausage with spiced tomato chutney and fried eggs... 
mmmm... but turns out, I’m a sucker for haloumi. I also ordered a T2 Earl Grey tea... pleased to find a place that actually serves tea leaves, not a teabag!!

Our food came out fast which was great as we were absolutely starving after wandering through the gallery for the last couple of hours.

L said his Eggs Bene was great, not that it is a hard dish to get wrong, which makes you tend to remember the bad ones rather than the great ones. It was served atop an English muffin as it traditionally should be. 



My haloumi, eggs and rocket and parmesan salad was huge. Two large pieces of grilled haloumi, a nice big serving of nicely dressed salad, properly runny poached eggs atop a mound of bacon and there was also three bits of Turkish bread that I didn’t know was going to be there. It was one of the most filling and memorable breakfasts I’ve had out in ages. I was actually supposed to share the bacon with L, but it didn’t turn out that way.




I was also pleased to be presented with a large pot of tea to myself, heh heh.
Our brunch at Era Cafe was all round reasonably good and its great to know a place that serves all day weekend breakfast.

Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment