My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.brisbanedevoured.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Brisbane Devoured: Cream Patisserie Boulangerie

December 08, 2010

Cream Patisserie Boulangerie

Cream Patisserie Boulangerie on Urbanspoon

Last weekend I had to work ALLLLLLL weekend and by Monday I was tired and grumpy. I had heard one of my workmates go on about her amazing breakfast that she had gone out for on Saturday morning and I decided that it was high time L and I went out for a good breakfast meal. This is something we rarely do, a) because we hardly get up early enough for breakfast on my days off and b) because L doesn’t really like to spend a lot of money on breakfast when he could be spending it on a good lunch or dinner.

I vaguely remembered reading about a couple of places at Coorparoo which isn’t too far from our place so we set off driving in the rain. It doesn’t happen to be very fun trying to find a place that you’ve never been to before in the rain but we somehow managed. We had intended to go to Flute Fine Food on Cavendish Rd, however decided the breakfasts were a bit expensive for us, so sat down at Cream Patisserie instead. 

Cream Patisserie Boulangerie is a quaint French style cafe that offers breakfast, lunches and dinners and also has a large range of pastries in their window for purchase. They offer high teas as well (something that I noted might be good for an occasion or with nanna!) and make specialty cakes for purchase.

I was seriously in the mood for something sweet, so went for the Ricotta hotcakes with choc-chip butter, maple syrup and balsamic strawberries (also available with a blueberry compote instead of strawberries) for $12.90, and a nice pot of English Breakfast tea, whilst L chose the Ham and mushroom omelette with creamy mushroom sauce for $12.90 and his obligatory latte.

Our beverages (I just realised I hadn't poured my tea in this photo)

Now I must make note that L has previously worked as a barista and is a serious coffee snob. He without a doubt will ALWAYS pull a face and pout that he could have made it better. This latte was definitely not the best. He loved his Ham and mushroom omelette though, which was not stingy on being packed with the mushies and he liked the sauce a lot. 


My hotcakes were so sweet but delicious. The strawberries were a delight. The hotcakes themselves were a little dry and friable, and there was probably a little TOO much maple syrup but I liked the dish overall. I couldn’t finish it though as it was too sweet to get through (I didn’t think I would ever say that about anything!)


We thought Cream was lovely and would like to head back for lunch one day, the lunch specials that they had listed on the blackboard sounded great. It would be nice to stop in just to pick up some pastries to take home for dessert too, yum!

Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment