My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.brisbanedevoured.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Brisbane Devoured: The Chelsea Bistro

February 01, 2011

The Chelsea Bistro

The Chelsea Bistro on Urbanspoon

I decided to treat L and I to a nice lunch out on one of my days off and after a bit of researching on Urbanspoon, decided that The Chelsea Bistro looked lovely with some interesting menu choices. 

The Chelsea Bistro is the first place we’ve visited in the Barracks complex on Petrie Terrace, as it is not really on our side of town at all, however we noted a few of the eateries within and decided we’d have to definitely make the effort for a return visit. 
Upon arrival, we were greeted straight away and were led to a table indoors, thankfully not being seated outside as it was a hot day. 


The furnishings are stylish and the restaurant is smallish inside, but still has a reasonably large bar within. We were definitely the youngest diners there, the bistro seemingly popular with office-types for lunch and there was a larger group of people there celebrating a birthday. 

The Chelsea has a fixed price lunch special of a glass of wine with two courses (choosing from an entree, main or dessert) for $33.50.
We decided that as I didn’t really want an alcoholic beverage and that two courses would probably be too much for us, to forego this offer and order from the menu.
L ordered a James Squire Golden Ale for $7.50 and I ordered a glass bottle of Coke, which at $4.50 I thought was a tad overpriced. 

I ordered Lamb and Haloumi skewers with roast carrot hommus, spinach, mint and lemon salad ($18.50). The lamb and haloumi were neatly placed onto 2 metal skewers atop  the hommus and then the spinach. The lamb was deliciously marinated and tender. The carrot hommus was interesting and perfectly complemented the meat and the haloumi. There were large parsley leaves as well as the spinach and mint described in the menu. The only problem I had was that I felt the serving size was too small, I needed another skewer or at least another couple of bits of meat or cheese on the skewers that I had.  


L’s meal was a pita pocket with pork belly, eggplant pickle, lime coconut and cucumber salad and sheeps milk yoghurt ($18.50). It was a large serving unlike my dish and had a little container of French fries on the side. L didn’t speak until he had finished the whole thing, which seemed to indicate to me that he had enjoyed it thoroughly. The only thing he had thought was that the pita was way too crunchy and hard on the outer edges and that the coconut pieces were a bit strange, even though he had thought they would be a highlight. 


Overall, the service we experienced was pleasant, although the two tables around us both had their water glasses constantly topped up and ours were left empty (I had to ask for water and felt quite neglected).

The food that we ate was really delicious, although I wanted more on my plate! I would like to return and try some of the other options on the menu, and perhaps take them up on the lunch special. 

Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment